Our sheepskin products have been tanned using the most advanced technology known to man. As a result, simple care is all that is needed to maintain their beauty and comfort.
Though wool is a springy fiber, after long use it may tend to mat down a bit. To restore the pile to its original state, brush it up with a coarse brush. The coarser the brush the better. Wire brushes work best and do not harm the fleece.
Wool fleece is a natural fiber and resists soiling, thus simplifying cleaning. In most cases spot cleaning in place with warm water and mild soap is all that is needed.
For Seat Covers – Removing the seat cover occasionally and shaking it out also removes loose dirt and restores the fleece to its original condition. Remember that your seat cover is a fine woolen product and must be treated as such. Harsh washing and / or drying can cause permanent damage, therefore dry cleaning is recommended. If the seat cover is soiled, it may be washed without damage providing that proper instructions are followed:
- Hand wash in cool to luke warm water, using a mild soap designed for sheepskin.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water and gently remove the excess water
- Dry naturally without using direct heat. Stretch the skin during drying to prevent shrinkage
- When dry, brush up fleece with a coarse pet brush to restore.
- Brush and vacuum at least once a month.